(c) Copyright 2002, by Andy Vetromile
Originally posted ot the Pyramid message
Top Ten Signs You've Got a Bad GM
by Andy Vetromile
- 10. He runs the game for three hours and, when he looks up,
seems surprised to see players sitting there.
- 9. He rolls a six-sider and tells you your character took 45
points of damage.
- 8. He starts the new campaign by asking "Are those all the
character sheets you brought?"
- 7. He passes out real plate mail armor and you're playing
GURPS Bunnies & Burrows.
- 6. The "sign" he expects you to use to indicate
out-of-character discussion involves your pants.
- 5. Every time you miss an attack roll, he mumbles to himself,
"Skippy would have made that, God rest his soul."
- 4. All his villain NPCs sound like Elmer Fudd.
- 3. The mood-setting musical accompaniment is a Barney
- 2. With every action you announce, he leans conspiratorially
over the screen, shakes his head at you somberly, and stage-whispers
hoarsely, "Let someone ELSE do that."
- 1. His GM's guide is a copy of The Joy of Cooking.