The Gamemaster's Web
The world wide web provides a wonderful resource for the harried
Gamemaster who needs to do quick research without spending a whole lot
of time at it. While there is no substitute for a trip the library,
nowadays you can find all sorts of great information on the web both to
strength your Gamemastering, and to lend your game an air of
Here, we strive to collect some of the best links for the Gamemeaster
who would do on-line research. If you have found a link particularly
useful for Gamemasters in any genre, send it to our Webmaster.
New Links Recently Added
- Gaming Resources
- General Reference
- Broad-based reference resources that are useful for GMs (and for
pretty much anybody else).
- Resources for naming of characters and places. Includes
lists of historical names for your historical gaming.
- What fantasy game is complete without a dose of mythology? And in
certain ears (including the present!), mythology can be an important
factor in some historical games. These links will show you places on
the web where you can look up details of mythology, and learn more about
various cycles of mythology from Earth's own history.
- For the time-travel, or historical GM, here are links where you can
learn more about world history.
- Geography and Mapping
- Looking for maps for your games set here on Earth? Looking for maps
of buildings for other worlds, or for places on Earth to "borrow" for
those worlds? These links will help you in that quest.
- Especially for the sci-fi GM, but for any other GM who wants to
research some scientific information, these links will tell you about
our world, our solar system, and our universe.
- Fire your imagination and spice up your game with art drawn by
various talented artists. (Be sure to respect each artist's terms of